Economic growth, social development and climate action are heavily dependent on investments in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Basic infrastructure, such as electrical power, sanitation, and communication technologies, to name just a few, remains scarce in many developing countries.
Examples of our contribution
- For research and development (R&D) Evonik spent €428 million in 2019
- R&D in our strategic innovation unit Creavis and the divisions is aligned to six innovation growth fields:
- Sustainable Nutrition
- Healthcare Solutions
- Advanced Food Ingredients
- Cosmetic Solutions
- Additive Manufacturing
- In building protection, silanes from Evonik give buildings a previously unattainable degree of durability and resistance with absolutely no adverse effects on the function or aesthetics of the construction materials. From an economic aspect, the benefits of the silanes, which are customized to suit different requirements, are extended maintenance cycles, lower maintenance costs, and a longer life.
- Highly effective, non-flammable insulation materials from Evonik can be used to insulate new and old buildings. They are also fully recyclable.
- An unique process additive allows waste rubber to be efficiently processed into a tough material used again in a variety of applications such as road construction, sports or playgrounds.
- Generate more than €1 billion in additional sales by 2025 in our six innovation growth fields.
- Increase sales of products and applications developed in the past five years to 16 percent in the mid term.
Target achievement 2019: 13 percent